Roll – Out Protein Sugar Cookies
What You Need:
• 80g Rule 1 Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Blend Protein
• 1 cup (120g) oat flour
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup (20g) almond flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 70g Sweetleaf Stevia Baking Blend
• 1 tbs coconut oil
• 10* tsp water
• ¼ cup So Delicious CocoWhip Whipped Topping (I happened to have this in my freezer, otherwise vanilla Greek Yogurt would be a good substitute here)
• 25 g Rule 1 Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Blend Protein
• enough unsweetened almond milk or water to form a paste
What to Do:
Step 1: Preheat over to 350F.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients, adding water last. (*Using Rule 1 protein, I needed about 10 tsp of water. Depending on what protein you use, you may need more or less. If dough is too sticky, add a bit more protein or flour [if too crumbly, add water slowly]).
Step 3: Using hands, knead dough into a ball and place on a floured surface. I used protein powder as my “flour” on the counter top and on the my rolling pin.
Step 4: Roll out dough and use desired cookie cutters to cut through dough.
Step 5: Place cut out cookies on lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes (until golden).
Step 6: While cookies are baking, combine frosting ingredients. I used food coloring to change the color of frosting for Christmas!
Step 7: Once cookies are done (toothpick inserted comes out clean! **) allow cookies to cool completely before frosting
Step 8: Spread frosting onto cooled cookies! Add sprinkles!
Total Serving Yield: 16 cookies***
Calories per Serving (including frosting): 100 calories
Macros per Cookie: 7p/9c/3F
**Be careful not to overcook as whey protein can become very dry is overcooked.
*** I was able to get 16 cookies from my dough using 2-3 inch sized cookie cutters and rolling out the dough 3 differnet times.