What You Need:
• 1 cup (140g) frozen blueberries (thawed)
• 1 Tbsp (6g) ground flaxseed
• 1 medium ripe banana (4.5 oz)
• 1/2 cup (40g) old fashioned gluten free oats
• 1/2 cup (60g) gluten free oat flour
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup
• 15g old fashioned oats
• 2 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar (24g)
What to Do:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Thaw frozen blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with flaxseed, set aside until needed.
Step 3: In a medium mixing bowl, mash banana with a fork and mix well with other crust ingredients until combined.
Step 4: Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with oil and pour/spread crust evenly.
Step 5: Evenly spread blueberry mixture on top.*
Step 6: Dust the top with brown sugar and oat topping
Step 7: Bake for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown on top
Allow to cool and cut into 6 bars. Macros for 1 serving = 3.5p/20c/2f with 3g of fiber = 112 calories per bar
*I think I will try mashing the blueberries next time as they didn’t stay very well on the crust once baked. Mashing them will create more of a “spread”.